Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Review: Star Cursed

Star Cursed Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book certainly picked up the pace more than the first one did. I found the pickup spot a little jarring, actually.

This part of the trilogy has me feeling more for the burden Cate has placed upon herself, and the sacrifices she's made. Maura, is definitely my least favorite character, especially with all her petty jealousy, deception, and malice. She's power hungry, and corrupted. Tess is still sweet, though not so innocent anymore, given her situation. I can't say much or I'll give things away, but I still think she's my favorite of the three.

There are many secrets, and some betrayals in this book. We finally learn a bit more about Cate's family and her mother, although not much. The alternate history setting is still a bit unusual to read, but intriguing.

A lot of the story feels like set up for the third book, and while it moves fast, it did get a bit repetitive.

The last scene while not completely unexpected, had me angry for Cate. It's going to be quite the journey to the end of this war the Cahill sisters are fighting and I am interested to see how it ends.

I recently purchased the third book in the series and am waiting for my online order to arrive, so I'll get to see how it ends relatively soon

No comments: